National Water-Quality Assessment (NAWQA) Project
Pesticide National Synthesis Project
Method for Estimating Pesticide Use for County Areas of the Conterminous
By Gail P. Thelin, and Leonard P. Gianessi
U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
Open-File Report 00-250
Sacramento, California, 2000
Download PDF Format
Purpose And Scope
The National Center for Food and Agricultural Policy's State Pesticide Use
Method For Estimating County Pesticide Use
Census of Agriculture
Calculation of County Pesticide Use Estimates
Limitations of the County Pesticide Use Data for Water-Quality Assessment
Summaries of Pesticide Use
The National Water-Quality Assessment's Study Unit Summaries
Map Displays of Pesticide Use Data
- Pesticide codes for compound names contained in the National Center for
Food and Agricultural Policy's 1992-1995 state database.
- Crop codes and crop names with corresponding Census of Agriculture data
total application in pounds active ingredient in descending order.
- Summary of national pesticide use, 1992-1995, derived from county
pesticide use information sorted by total application in pounds active
ingredient in descending order.
- Primary crops that account for use of each pesticide, 19921995.
- Ranking of pesticides used in National Water-Quality Assessment Program
study units during 1992-1995