- Biggest water problem in the future?
- Vote for your favorite water body!
- How serious are these environmental problems?
- Water Shortage! How would you fix it?
- Where does the water cycle begin?
- How much water falls during a storm?
- How much water does a dripping faucet waste?
- How much water does it take to grow a hamburger?
How does your home kitchen faucet drinking water taste?
You've probably heard that water is tasteless, odorless, and essentially colorless. But, when you drink water out of your kitchen faucet, you might say "Yuck, what is that taste?", or "What is that brown tint in my water?". It is true that pure water lacks taste, odor, and color, but in the real world, you won't be drinking pure water, unless you drink something like distilled or deionized water. And, this kind of water certainly does not come out of your faucet at home.
Because water is the universal solvent, it dissolves many chemicals and substances. Any water you drink will contain dissolved minerals...and maybe other things, too. These will add flavor, odor, and color to your water. Use the form below to tell us how the water from your kitchen faucet tastes. We'll show you a data table of how people from around the world responded to this survey.
Back to the Activity Center.