Locate Your Watershed (Legacy HUC's)
Locate Your Stream Site (Legacy HUC's)
Locate Your Well Site (Legacy HUC's)
Locate Your Precipitation Site (Legacy HUC's)
Locate Your Stream Site by WBD
Links By Watershed
USGS Home |
Core Science |
Energy and Minerals |
Environmental Health |
Land Resources |
Science in Your Watershed
The "Information Discovery" pages are designed to help you find links
to research, planning, management, and development activities at the watershed
Active Projects - Find active watershed projects in the USGS.
Databases - Listing of available databases from the USGS and other agencies associated with watersheds.
Locate Your Watershed - Use the map interface to locate your 8-digit HUC, watershed by clicking on the map. A listing of major USGS water resource links, abstracts and publications are dynamically searched from the "Additional Information for this Watershed" link below each 8-digit HUC - Cataloging Unit Boundary Map.
Links By Watershed - Pick your watershed by hydrologic unit code (HUC) value. A listing of major USGS Water Resource Links and Abstracts are dynamically generated. This application includes all 21 regional watersheds. (large file size)
Publications Warehouse - Search USGS publications for Water Resource information.
Search Online - Search for USGS Publications using the Google search engine.
River Network - To help people understand, protect and restore rivers and their watersheds
Summary Report findings of fifty-one Study Units sampled by the USGS National Water-Quality Assessment (NAWQA) Program in 1991-2001
Universities Council on Water Resources - A listing of University databases and publications (membership is required to access the most recent information).
Additional Environmental Data Links
Table of Contents
This page is being compiled to provide an environmental
source of online environmental information links. These are government and
private sources of information and the links do not imply any endorsement by the Federal Government. Some of these
citations have been used to help identify various environmental sources of information. If
you have other sources of environmental information which you feel would enhance this page ... please
send an e-mail to the Webmaster.
- AgNic Portal - Agriculture Network Informaion Center - Connecting You to Food, Agriculture, and Environmental Information and Resources
- House Committee on Agriculture
- National Agricultural Statistics Service for U.S. Agriculture Statistical Information
- Soil Science
Society of America (SSSA)
National Agricultural Statistics Service: Annual Publication
- Agricultural Statistics is published each year to meet the diverse need
for a reliable reference book on agricultural production, supplies, consumption,
facilities, costs, and returns.
- USDA Forest Service Southern
Research Station The USDA Forest Service, Southern
Research Station Web site offers the largest known collection of
on-line publications related to forestry research. This well designed
site presents the work of over 100 scientists who conduct research on
forest resources, ecosystems, wildlife, and environmental quality in
the Southern United States. Query the publications database, view
on-line database and interact with some of the best and brightest of
online publication: - Spatial Data in Geographic
Information System Format on Agricultural Chemical Use, Land Use, and
Cropping Practices in the United States.
- United States Permafrost Association (USPA)
- Meteorology Guides Online meteorology guides covering all things weather, including clouds and precipitation and severe storms.
- Meteorology at NASA A 16-chapter guide to meteorology for both students and teachers.
- Ozone & Meteorology National Park Service monitoring across the United States.
- AQI Forecast A site devoted to dissemination of information about air quality and the Air Quality Index.
- University Corporation of Atmospheric Research A site about the basics of weather and climate.
- Weather Glossary Need to know what a weather or climate term means? Find the definition here.
- El Nino A site about El Nino and climate prediction from the University of Washington.
- Climate System All about atmospheric forces, balances and weather systems from a course at Columbia University.
- Air, Climate & Weather A concise introduction with lots of links to more topics in weather, air quality, biogeochemical cycles and climate.
Hurricanes In-depth resources to learn about hurricanes.
- Meteorology The complete online text of Aristotle's book entitled Meteorology.
Endangered Species Program - page from the U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service contains links to listed and candidate species data
and information, along with the Endangered Species Act and regulatory
Envirolink Endangered Animals - EnviroLink is a non-profit
organization... a grassroots online community that unites hundreds
of organizations and volunteers around the world with millions of
people in more than 150 countries. EnviroLink - is dedicated to
providing comprehensive, up-to-date environmental information and news.
- NPR -National Public Radio
- American Geophysical Union - AGU Hydrology Section
- American Institute of Hydrology (AIH)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) contains links to modeling software, products, government relations, research and provides links to other information on discussion groups, research labs, technical papers and much more.
- EPA - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- EPA - Envirofacts
- EPA - STORET
- EPA - WATERS - (Watershed Assessment, Tracking & Environmental ResultS) unites water quality information that was previously available only from several independent and unconnected databases.
- EPA - Wetlands, Oceans and Watersheds
- EPA - My Environment
- Fort Collins Science Center
- Global Hydrology and Climate Center - NASA MSFC Earth Science Office
- Hydrology and Remote Sensing Agricultural Research Service, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
- Instream Flow Incremental Methodology
- National Water Conditions. USGS maps and data tables, plus graphs, for water data stations in the US.
- National Weather Service - Office of Hydrologic Development (NOAA)
- NOAA's National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC) maintains links to
physical, chemical, and biological oceanographic data, international oceanographic data sets, a bulletin board service, reports, links to other oceanographic data, and more.
- NWISWeb These pages provide access to water-resources data collected at approximately
1.5 million sites in all 50 States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Online access to this data is organized around: Real-time, Site information, Surface water
- Spatial Hydrology
- Stream Segment and Stream Network Temperature Model
- UCOWR - Universities Council on Water Resources
- USGS Ground Water Atlas of the United States
- USGS Ground Water Climate Response Network
- USGS Ground Water Information
- USGS Hydro-Climatic Data Network (HCDN) Streamflow Data Set ,
an on-line version of a compact disk with streamflow, watershed characteristics, and station descriptions from 1874-1988.
- USGS National Water-Quality Assessment (NAWQA) Program
- USGS Office of Surface Water Information
- USGS Science In Your Watershed
- USGS SPARROW (SPAtially Referenced Regression On Watershed attributes)
- USGS SPARROW Web Internal USGS Access Only
- USGS Toxic Substances Hydrology Program
- USGS Water Quality Information
- USGS Water Resources Data. USGS quantity and quality data for regions of the nation.
- USGS Water Resources NSDI Node Access to Archived spatially related water resource datasets and mnodels.
- USGS Water Resources National Research Program
- USGS Water Use . USGS National information on water use including data tables with breakout to State level.
- USGS WaterWatch - Current water resources conditions along with maps of real-time streamflow compared to historical streamflow for the United States
- Agricultural Research Service (ARS) - Hydrology Lab The ARS Water Data
Base is a collection of precipitation and streamflow data from small agricultural watersheds in the United States. This national archive of
variable time-series readings for precipitation and runoff contains sufficient detail to reconstruct storm hydrographs and hyetographs.
- American Meteorological Society (AMS)
- Department of Energy Weather Site with links to the seven meteorology websites for the seven DOE monitoring sites, including Nevada Test Site, Brookhaven, Hanford, and Idaho, Lawrence Livermore, Savannah River and Los Alamos National Laboratories.
- Hydrologic and Meteorologic Monitoring Stations in South Florida Water Management District
- National Predictive ServicesWeather-related support for wildland fires and other emergency situations.
- National Weather Service (NOAA)
- World Meteorological Organization (WMO), a specialized agency of the United
Nations. Contains links to World Weather Watch distributed databases, national weather services of some WMO Members, and more.
- NOAA's National Climatic Data Center (NCDC) offers links to data,
technical reports, research programs, and an interactive visualization of climate data, and more.
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory Lab that does work for Homeland Security, EPA, and NASA, in addition to the Department of Energy.
- USGS Hurricanes - USGS Natural Hazards - Hurricanes.
on the Web! Defense Environmental Network &
Information Exchange, DoD site designed especially for DoD personnel,
but also provides the general public with access to environmental
legislative, compliance, restoration, cleanup, safety &
occupational health, security, and DoD guidance information.
Information on DENIX is updated daily.
UCLA Library | Site Map The University of California Los Angeles has numerous online searchable databases, including archives.
- Toxic Release
Inventory (TRI) The EPA is now providing data from the
Toxic Release Inventory in ARC/INFO geographic information system
export file format.
- State Parks, Wildlife Departments and Recreational Facilities - A listing of United States Parks, Wildlife Departments, and Recreation Facilities in Your State.
- The Bureau of Indian Affairs - The Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) responsibility is the administration and management of 55.7 million acres of land held in trust by the United States for American Indians, Indian tribes, and Alaska Natives. There are 562 federal recognized tribal governments in the United States.
Environmental Finance Program - EPA program to assist
communities in their search for creative approaches to funding their
Indicators Home Page - provided by EPA there
are links to data aggregated Nationally, or by State, County, or Zip
National Association of State Information Resource Executives
- (NASIRE) StateSearch service provides links, by State, to web pages
dealing with energy, environment and natural resources. The StateSearch
page also provides links to State information in many other categories.
- California...... The
California Environmental Resources Evaluation System
- Indiana......Indiana Department of Natural Resources
- Louisiana......Louisiana Department of Environmental Quality
- Oregon...... Oregon
Department of Fish and Wildlife
- New York.....New
York State Government Information Locator The NYS ILS
provides a single point of access to information services provided by
New York State Government agencies, the State Legislature and the
- San Francisco Bay Area
Regional Database - (BARD). BARD's goal is to make it
convenient to acquire USGS digital data for the San Francisco Bay Area.
Data is available in several native formats and also, for the
convenience of many users, in Arc/Info export format.
- Upper Missisippi and Lower Missouri River Basins..... Scientific Assessment
and Strategy Team SAST Database: An Environmental
Information System for the Upper Missisippi and Lower Missouri River
- Species in Parks - Flora and Fauna Databases
- USGS - NPS Vegetation Mapping Program
- Recreation.gov Web Site
- Envirofacts Warehouse
(EPA), allows you to retrieve environmental information from EPA databases on Superfund sites, drinking water, toxic and air
releases, hazardous waste, water discharge permits, and grants information. You can use this system to query database information and generate maps and reports.
EPA's Ecosystems and Communities
- topics include
Office of Ecosystems, Tribal and Public Affairs,
Community-Based Environmental Protection (CBEP),
National Environmental Policy Act
(NEPA and EIS Reviews,
Region 10 Agriculture Strategy,
Watershed Collaboration & Tools
- The National Technical Information Service is an agency of the U.S. Department of
Commerce that gathers and markets scientific, technical and business-related information.
- US Department of Energy: Energy Sciences Network (ESnet). The US Dept of Energy/Office of Energy Research Programs include: Basic Energy Sciences, Health and Environmental Research, High Energy and Nuclear Physics, Magnetic Fusion Energy, and the Superconducting SuperCollider. This list includes links to research facilities, laboratories, and universities .
To download the Adobe PDF reader visit http://www.adobe.com
- E-Journal of Severe Storms Meteorology Peer-reviewed online journal that aims to improve the understanding of severe storm hazards.
- History of Meteorology Open-access journal published by the International Commission on History of Meteorology.
- AMS Publications American Meteorological Society journals available by subscription only that can often be accessed through university libraries.