Water-Use Open Forum
Discussion at the Water-Use Data and Research Program stakeholder listening sessions hosted by ICWP, showed that many involved in water-use data collection, data management, and regulation have a desire to continue communicating about challenges and solutions to water-use data issues, such as data collection, storage, QA/QC, analysis and data dissemination. USGS is pleased to host these meetings as the Water-Use Open Forum.
Date, speaker and topic TBA
Webinar General Information
Water-Use Open Forum webinars will be scheduled on the last Wednesday of the month at 2 pm ET/1 pm CT/12 noon MT/11 am PT/10 am AKT/9 am HAT. WebEx meeting and conference call information will be sent out before each call. To access the webinar, activate Adobe WebEx using the meeting link in the email, and also call into the toll free conference number 1-855-547-8255 and use the security code: 88468107#. The webinar will display through WebEx.
The WebEx and audio bridge will be live 10 minutes prior to the start time. Note that it may take a minute or two for your browser to be setup for the WebEx, so logging in a bit early is recommended. If you do not have the emailed direct meeting link, you can browse the meeting list at USGS's WebEx area for the Water-Use Open Forum listing.
Please volunteer for an upcoming talk to share your water-use data experiences. Contact Molly Maupin (email@example.com) with your topic and preferred date.
Past Presentations and related files
- August 30, 2017: Municipal water-use data in North Dakota — projects and per capita coefficients - Dr. Christina Hargiss (firstname.lastname@example.org), North Dakota State University
- May 31, 2017: Developing a domestic self-supplied metering program in Florida, what has been learned about metering, understanding early results, and how to expand this study (.mp4) - Rich Marella (email@example.com ), USGS
- April 26, 2017: Water Use in the Tennessee Valley: A TVA Perspective (.mp4) - Amanda Bowen (Akbowen@tva.gov), TVA
- February 22, 2017: California Assembly Bill 1755 "The Open and Transparent Water Data Act" (.mp4) - Christina McCready (firstname.lastname@example.org), California DWR
- January 25, 2017: A Look at Irrigation Policy and Technology Advancements through the Rear View Mirror, the Kansas Experience (.mp4) - Dr. Dan Rogers, Kansas State University
- October 26, 2016: Water Use and Golf Courses in Utah, "Just Par for the Course" (.mp4) - Robert Baskin (email@example.com ), Ph.D, PG, USGS Utah Water Science Center
- September 28, 2016: Overview of the Arkansas water-use program (.mp4) - Todd Fugitt and Mike Guess (firstname.lastname@example.org), Arkansas Natural Resources Commission
- August 31, 2016: Water Data Exchange (WaDE) (.mp4) - Sara Larsen (email@example.com), Western States Water Council
- June 29, 2016: Water Use in New Jersey and the New Jersey Water-Transfer Data System (NJWaTr) (.mp4); Powerpoint (.pdf) - Steve Domber (firstname.lastname@example.org), NJ DEP and Jen Shourds, USGS
- May 25, 2016: Wisconsin water-use data collection, database, and QA/QC (.mp4) - Bob Smail (email@example.com), Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- April 27, 2016: Texas Municipal and Industrial Water Use Survey (PDF) - Kevin Kluge (Kevin.firstname.lastname@example.org), Texas Water Development Board
- March 30, 2016: Using SSEBop remote sensing methods to estimate consumptive use on agricultural lands (link to paper) - Gabriel Senay (email@example.com) and Jesslyn Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org), USGS
- February 24, 2016: USGS Water-Use Databases--AWUDS and SWUDS (.pptx) - Nancy Barber (email@example.com), USGS
- February 10th, 2016: Overview of USGS 2015 Compilation (.pptx) - Molly Maupin (firstname.lastname@example.org), USGS