Talks and Other Information
Below is a list of reports and presentations on StreamStats. If you have any further question, please contact us.
The American Water Resources Association 2016 Summer Specialty Conference on GIS and Water Resources IX, held in Sacramento, California, on July 11-13, 2016, included a session on StreamStats. Links to presentations included in the session are below:
- StreamStats: History, Status and Plans - Kernell Ries, U.S. Geological Survey, Catonsville, MD
- StreamStats: Inside-Out and From the Ground Up - Katharine Kolb, U.S. Geological Survey, Charlotte, NC
- National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) Analysis in StreamStats - Peter Steeves, U.S. Geological Survey, Northborough, MA
- StreamStats for Colorado, the Past, Present and the Future - Amanullah Mommandi, Applied Research and Innovation Branch, Colorado Dept. of Transportation (CDOT), Denver, CO
- Ries, K.G., III, Guthrie, J.D., Rea, A.H., Steeves, P.A., and Stewart, D.W., 2010, Use of the StreamStats Web Application for TMDL Analysis, in Proceedings of TMDL 2010: Watershed Management to Improve Water Quality, November 14-17, 2010, Baltimore, Maryland, Association of State Agricultural and Biological Engineers, 7 p., online at http://elibrary.asabe.org/conference.asp?confid=tmdl2010.
- Ries, K.G., III, Horn, M.A., Nardi, M.R., and Tessler, Steven, 2010, Incorporation of water-use summaries into the StreamStats web application for Maryland: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2009-5111, 18 p.
Papers published in Dragicevic, S., Roman, D., and Tanasescu, V., Proceedings of the 2009 International Conference on Advanced Geographic Information Systems & Web Services, February 1-7, 2009, Cancun, Mexico, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc. Computer Society Press:
- Ries, K.G., III, Steeves, P.A., Guthrie, J.D., Rea, A.H., and Stewart, D.W., 2009, Stream_network Navigation in the U.S. Geological Survey StreamStats Web Application, pp. 80-84.
- Guthrie, J.D. Dartiguenave, Christine, and Ries, K.G., III, 2009, Web Services in the U.S. Geological Survey StreamState Web Application, pp. 60-63.
Use of the USGS StreamStats Web Application for Stream Analysis, presented at the USGS Tools Workshop at the Association of State Floodplain Managers annual conference, May 19, 2008, Reno, Nevada (PowerPoint, 35 Mb)
Ries, K.G., III, Guthrie, J.D., Rea, A.H., Steeves, P.A., and Stewart, D.W., 2008, StreamStats: A Water Resources Web Application: U.S. Geological Survey Fact Sheet 2008-3067, 6 p.
StreamStats was the subject of a session at the SYMPOSIUM ON TERRAIN ANALYSIS FOR WATER RESOURCES APPLICATIONS, December 16-18, 2002, at the University of Texas - Austin
- Parts 1 and 4 StreamStats: A U.S. Geological Survey Web Application for Obtaining Streamflow Statistics for Gaged and Ungaged Sites
- Part 2 StreamStats: System Design and Web Implementation
- Part 3 Data Requirements for StreamStats
Hydroinformatics 2002 Conference in Cardiff, Wales, July 1-5, 2002