Beta version 4 has arrived!
Beta version 4 is now available for most states on a trial basis, and version 3 remains available. Beta version 4 provides a single user interface (at http://streamstatsags.cr.usgs.gov/streamstats/) for all states that are implemented, rather than separate applications for each state, as in versions 2 and 3, and the user interface is more user friendly than previous versions. Information for user-selected ungaged sites currently cannot be obtained using beta version 4 for the States of Arkansas, Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, and Tennessee because of unique functionality for those states that is not yet implemented. Users are encouraged to provide comments and report bugs by use of the Help button on the interface, which also provides access to limited beta version 4 documentation. See below for additional information about versions both 3 and 4.
Please contact the StreamStats by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
StreamStats version 3 is available for Mississippi on a limited basis. Currently, it allows users to select or enter a stream location, delineate the drainage basin for the selected location, determine the drainage area, and compute the following basin characteristics:
- Drainage area, square miles;
- Maximum and minimum basin elevation, in feet;
- Stream slope based on the change in elevation between points 10 and 85 percent of length along main channel to basin divide, divided by length between points, in feet per mile;
- Length of the longest flow path between the basin outlet to the upstream basin divide, in miles;
- Area (square miles) and percentage of open (class 21), low intensity (class 22), medium intensity (class 23), and high intensity (class 24) developed land from NLCD 2011;
- Development intensity, computed as a weighted percentage from NLCD 2011 land-use classes 21-24 as ((.10*Class 21+.25*Class 22+.65*Class 23+.90*Class 24)/Drainage Area)*100;
- Percentage of low, medium, and highly developed land from NLCD 2011 land-use classes 22-24;
- Percentage of forest from NLCD 2011 land-use classes 41-43;
- Percentage of storage in wetlands and water bodies from NLCD 2011 land-use classes 11, 90 and 95;
- Area (square miles) and percentage of water from NLCD 2011 land-use class 11;
- Area (square miles) and percentage of wetlands from NLCD 2011 land-use classes 90 and 95; and
- Latitude and longitude of the basin centroid
These basin characteristics will be tested for potential use as explanatory variables in an ongoing study to develop new regional regression equations for estimating peak flows at the 50-, 20-, 10, 4-, 2-, 1-, 0.5-, and 0.2-percent annual exceedance probabilities for user-selected sites on ungaged Mississippi streams. The equations will be added to StreamStats after the report for the study is approved and made available on the Web.
General information on the Interactive Map application, as well as specific sources and computation methods for basin characteristics are available here.
Contact Us if you experience any problems with this application.