Yosemite National Park
Partnership Projects in Yosemite National Park
- 1999 - Atmospheric depostition of lakes in the Pacific West Region
- Risk Assessment for Aquatic Ecosystems in Wilderness Areas
- 2006 - Water-Quality Monitoring in Support of Establishing User Capacities
- 2008 - Occurrence and Distribution of Current-Use Pesticides in Atmospheric
- 2009 - Map critical loads of atmospheric nitrogen deposition (multi-park
- 2013 - Effects of Stock and Backpackers on Water Quality in Yosemite National Parkz
- 2018 - Are Mountain Lakes on a Trajectory of Rapid Eutrophication toward Harmful Algal Blooms? (ROMO, SEKI, SIEN, YOSE)
Brown, L.R. and T.M. Short. 1999.
Biological, habitat, and water quality conditions in the upper Merced River drainage,
Yosemite National Park, California, 1993-1996.
U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 99-4088. 56 p.
Clow, D.W., Nanus, L., Huggett, B, 2010,
Use of regression-based models to map sensitivity of aquatic resources to atmospheric deposition in
Yosemite National Park, USA.
Water Resources Research, 46: Issue 9, Sept. 2010.
Clow, D.W., Peavler, R.S., Roche, J., Panoraska, A.K., Thomas, R.M. Smith, S, 2011,
Assessing possible visitor-use impacts on water quality in
Yosemite National Park, California.
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 183: 197-215.
Clow, D.W., Sickman, J.O., Striegl, R.G., Krabbenhoft, D.P., Elliott, J.G., Dornblaser, M., Roth, D.A. and
Campbell, D.H., 2003,
Changes in the chemistry of lakes and precipitation in
high-elevation national parks in the western United States, 1985-1999.
Water Resources Research, 39(6), 1171, doi: 10.1019/2002WR001533.
Clow, D.W., Striegl, R.G., Nanus, L, Mast, M.A., Campbell, D.H., and Krabbenhoft, D.P., 2002,
Chemistry of Selected High-Elevation Lakes in Seven National Parks in the Western United States,
Water, Air, and Soil Pollution: Focus 2(2) 139-164. U.S. Geological Survey, Denver, CO.
Forrester, H., Clow, D., Roche, J., Heyvaert, A., and Battaglin, W., 2017,
Effects of backpacker use, pack stock trail use, and pack stock grazing on water-quality indicators,
including nutrients, E. coli, hormones, and pharmaceuticals, in
Yosemite National Park, USA:
Environmental Management, p. 1-18, doi: 10.1007/s00267-017-0899-z
Mast, M.A., D.A. Alvarez, and S.D. Zaugg, (2012),
Deposition and accumulation of airborne organic contaminants in
Yosemite National Park, California:
Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 524–533, 2012.