Saint Croix National Scenic River
Partnership Projects in Saint Croix National Scenic River
- 1999 - Determine the Relationship Between Land Uses and Nutrient and Sediment Loadings
- 2006 - Predict Groundwater Susceptibility to Contaminants
- 2007 - Determine nutrient conditions, cycling and biological effects
in two riverine parks, SACN and MISS (multi-park project)
- 2008 - Monitor Progress Toward Nutrient Reduction Goals at Norway Point near Grantsburg
- 2010 - Characterize Sediment and Nutrient Loading from Urban Stormwater
- 2011 - Occurrence and Effects of Endocrine Active Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals in the St. Croix NSR
- 2012 - Productivity and Fish Habitat responses to Changes in Nutrient Loading and Climate in Lake St. Croix
- 2019 - Developing tools to determine causes and toxicity of cyanobacterial blooms in the St. Croix National Scenic Riverway (SACN)
- 2021 - Rapid Response Strategy for Potential Toxin Exposures from HABs in Coastal and Shoreline Areas of National Parks
Elliott, S.M., Lee, K.E., Ziegeweid, J.R., Schoenfuss, H.L., and Martinovic-Weigelt, D., 2016,
Chemicals of Emerging Concern and Fish Biological Endpoints Data Collected From Select Tributaries of the
St. Croix River, Minnesota and Wisconsin, 2011-12:
U.S. Geological Survey data release, http://dx.doi.org/10.5066/F7M906RN
Juckem. P.J. 2007.
Hydrogeological characteristics of the St. Croix River Basin, Minnesota and Wisconsin: Implications for the susceptibility of ground
water to potential contamination.
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2007-5112. 25p.
Karns, Byron, 2016,
Occurrence and Effects of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals in the St. Croix River
National Park Service Call to Action, 2 p.
Lenz, B.N., D.M. Robertson, J.D. Fallon, and R. Ferrin. 2001.
Nutrient and suspended-sediment concentrations and loads and benthic-invertebrate data
for tributaries to the St. Croix River, Wisconsin and Minnesota, 1997-99.
U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 01-4162. 57 p.
Schroeder, A.L., Martinović-Weigelt, D., Ankley, G.T., Lee, K.E., Garcia-Reyero, N., Perkins, E.J.,
Schoenfuss, H.L., Villeneuve, D.L., 2016
Prior knowledge-based approach for associating contaminants with biological effects:
A case study in the St. Croix River basin, MN, WI, USA,
Environmental Pollution, Volume 221, February 2017.
Smith, E.A., Kiesling, R.L., Ziegeweid, J.R., Elliott, S.M., and Magdalene, Suzanne, 2018,
Simulation of hydrodynamics, water quality, and lake sturgeon habitat volumes in
Lake St. Croix, Wisconsin and Minnesota, 2013:
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2017–5157, 60 p.
Tomasek, A.A., Lee, K.E., and Hansen, D.S., 2012,
Wastewater indicator compounds in wastewater effluent, surface water, and bed sediment in the
St. Croix National Scenic Riverway and implications for water resources and aquatic biota, Minnesota and Wisconsin, 2007–08:
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2011–5208, 40 p. with appendixes.
Ziegeweid, J.R., Zigler, S.J., Maki, R.P., Karns, B.N., and Love, S.A., 2018,
Method comparisons for determining concentrations of metals in water samples used
in studies of fish migratory histories.
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2018–5143, 20 p.