Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Partnership Projects in Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- 1999 - Occurrence of Organochlorines and Semi-Volatile Compounds at Water Intake Facilities
- 2001 - Reconnaissance Sampling for Selected Human-Health Pharmaceuticals
- 2004 - Occurrence and Toxicity of Incomplete Combustion of PWCs
- 2010 - Incidence and Characterization of Intersex, Testicular Tumors,
and Reproductive Condition in Common Carp as Water Quality Indicators
- 2013 - How Are Endocrine-Disrupting Compounds Moving Through the Food Web in Lake Mead National Recreation Area?
- 2017 - Occurrence and Potential Risk of Microplastics in Lake Mead and the Delaware River (DEWA, LAKE, LODE, UPDE)
- 2018 - Orthophosphate release rates from sediments above the water line at Lake Mead - will a rise in lake levels trigger a harmful algal bloom?
- 2018 - Occurrence of the Pathogen Naegleria fowleri in National Park Hot Springs: Environmental factors, Visitor Safety, and Management Actions (GRTE, LAKE, YELL)
- 2021 - Rapid Response Strategy for Potential Toxin Exposures from HABs in Coastal and Shoreline Areas of National Parks
Baldwin, A.K., Spanjer, A.R., Rosen, M.R., and Thom, T., 2019,
Microplastics in Lake Mead National Recreation Area, 2017-2018: U.S. Geological Survey data release.
Baldwin, A.K., Spanjer, A.R., Rosen, M.R., and Thom, T., 2020,
Microplastics in Lake Mead National Recreation Area, USA: Occurrence and biological uptake. PLoS ONE 15(5): e0228896.
Bevans, H.E., Goodbred, S.L., Miesner, J.F., Watkins, S.A., Gross, T.S., Denslow, N.D., and Schoeb. T., 1996.
Synthetic organic compounds and carp endocrinology and histology in Las Vegas Wash and Las Vegas and Callville Bays of Lake Mead, Nevada, 1992 and 1995.
U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 96-4266. 12 p.
Boyd, R.A. and E.T.
Furlong. 2002. Human-health pharmaceutical compounds in Lake Mead,
Nevada and Arizona, and Las Vegas Wash, Nevada, October 2000-August
2001. U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 02-385. 18 p.
Goodbred, Steven, Rosen, M.R., Patiño, Reynaldo, Alvarez, David, Echols,
Kathy, King, Kerensa, and Umek, John, 2020,
Movement of synthetic organic compounds in the food web after the introduction of invasive quagga mussels (Dreissena bugensis) in Lake Mead,
Nevada and Arizona, USA. Sci Total Environ 2021:141845
Lico, M.S. and
B.T. Johnson.2007. Gasoline-related compounds in Lakes
Mead and Mohave, Nevada, 2004-06. U.S. Geological Survey Sceientific
Investigations Report 2007-5144. 28 p.
Rosen, M.R., and Tarar, A.M., 2020,
Data for analysis of endocrine disrupting compounds in Lake Mead National Recreation Area near Las Vegas, Nevada. U.S. Geological Survey data release.
Rosen, M.R., Turner, K., Goodbred, S.L., and Miller, J.M., eds., 2012,
A synthesis of aquatic science for management of Lakes Mead and Mohave: U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1381, 162 p.