Cape Cod National Seashore
Partnership Projects in Cape Cod National Seashore
- 2001 - Ground-Water Nutrient Transport to Estuaries and Fresh-Water Ponds
- 2003 - Robowell: Automated Groundwater Monitoring
- 2005 - Review and Storage of Long-Term Water-Quality Monitoring Data for the Kettle-Hole Ponds
- 2005 - Defining Nutrient Fluxes to Estuaries to Assess Alternatives for Nutrient Loading Remediation
- 2015 - Water Quality, the controlling factor on the herring run, aquaculture, and blue carbon at the
Herring River salt-marsh restoration, Cape Cod National Seashore
- 2018 - Water-quality control (nutrient limitation) of harmful algal blooms (“red tides”) in coastal embayments of Cape Cod National Seashore
- 2019 - Integrating multi-year, multi-source data to assess pre-restoration water quality and support adaptive management plan in the Herring River
Estuary, Cape Cod National Seashore
- 2021 - Rapid Response Strategy for Potential Toxin Exposures from HABs in Coastal and Shoreline Areas of National Parks
Colman, J.A. and Masterson, J.P. 2007,
Monitoring ground-water quality in coastal ecosystems.
U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 2007-1149, 95 p.
Colman, J.A. and Masterson, J.P. 2008,
Transient simulations of nitrogen load for a coastal aquifer and embayment,
Cape Cod, MA.
Environ. Sci. Techno., 42 (1), 207-213. DOI: 10.1021/es070638b. https://pubs.acs.org/cgi-bin/sample.cgi/esthag/2008/42/i01/pdf/es070638b.pdf
Cross, V.A., Bratton, J.F., Crusius, J., Colman, J.A., McCobb, T.D. 2008,
Submarine hydrogeological data from
Cape Cod National Seashore.
U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 2006-1169.
Crusius, J., Koopmans, D., Bratton, J.F., Charette, M.A., Kroeger, K.,Henderson, P., Ryckman, L.,
Halloran, K. and Colman, J.A., 2005,
Submarine groundwater discharge to a small estuary estimated from radon and salinity measurements and a box model.
Biogeosciences, 2, 141-157.
Masterson, J.P. and Portnoy, J.W., 2005,
Potential changes in ground-water flow and their effects on the ecology and water resources of the
Cape Cod National Seashore, Massachusetts,
U.S. Geological Survey General Information Product: 13, 16 p.