Teacher Resources for Water Science, USGS
The Water Cycle
We have a water-cycle for schools section with a diagram and an online, interactive version aimed at three age-levels of students.
- Water-cycle diagram English | Español | Francais | हिंदी
- Interactive online water cycle - 3 grade levels
Learn about what makes water unique and vital to all life on Earth.
The Story of Dryville!
Story of YOU going into the desert to start a new town...and how water plays a part every step of the way. Includes a script for a class play.
Activities Submitted by Teachers
- Water Webquest - Middle School Water Discovery (MS Word file)
These surveys show cumulative responses after you take the survey. Responses are shown by State and areas of the world. The results can be used to get class discussions going.
- What will be the world's biggest water problem in the future?
- Vote for your favorite water body.
- How serious are these environmental problems?
- Water Shortage! How would you fix it, Mayor?
- How much water falls during a storm?
- How much water does a dripping faucet waste?
- How much water does it take to grow it?
Obtain our bookmarks
We can send you Water Science School bookmarks for you to hand out to your class. Just send me an email.