• How to Subscribe
- Select the Site and Data Type – Use the interactive map to browse the network of USGS real-time sites in one or more contiguous states by data type. If you already know a site by its number or partial name within your current selection, you may map it directly by entering it in the "Search this selection" field. Use the zoom tools in the upper left of the map to focus on your area of interest. On the map, click on the site's marker for which you would like to get notifications, then click "Subscribe". Each notification subscription must be submitted separately. You must allow pop-up windows from this site.
- Submit Your Subscription Form – Choose to receive the notifications at either your email address or text-enabled (SMS) mobile phone. Select your desired notification settings; i.e. data type, threshold condition, and frequency.
- Confirm your Subscription – Shortly after you submit your form, a message containing your transaction ID will be sent to the email address you specified. You must reply to this email message, without altering it, in order to confirm and activate your subscription.
- Before you subscribe, please read the Provisional Data Statement and Disclaimer.
- About subscriptions:
- All subscriptions, including text messaging, must be confirmed by return email in order to be activated (details given when you subscribe).
- A subscription is for one data-type parameter and threshold condition per site. You may subscribe to multiple parameters at a site.
- Threshold settings can be changed by submitting a subscription for the same site and data parameter.
• How to Manage or Cancel Your WaterAlert Subscription
The various actions for managing your WaterAlerts, such as SIGNOFF (i.e. cancel/delete/stop), LIST, PAUSE, or CONTINUE are performed by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject of your subscription ID and the action you want to take.
It is not necessary that you recall your subscription ID. To obtain the complete list of actions, with instructions specific to your WaterAlert ID, simply do the following:
- Open one of your WaterAlert text or email messages. In it, you will find a unique web link to a set of instructions for managing that subscription. If it is not clickable, copy and paste it into your web browser:
Examples Text alert Email alert
- Follow your customized instructions or simply click on the link provided within, for the action you want to take.