Water Resources of the United States
This software and related material (data and documentation) are made available by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to be used in the public interest and the advancement of science. You may, without any fee or cost, use, copy, modify, or distribute this software, and any derivative works thereof, and its supporting documentation, subject to the USGS software User's Rights Notice.
You may obtain other electronic or print versions of USGS reports and documentation that are not included with the software distributions.
Recently Updated or New list
- GRIDGEN (WIN) Version 1.00.00, 2015/02/06
Program for generating layered quadtree grids for MODFLOW-USG
- Groundwater_Toolbox (WIN) Version 1.00.00, 2015/01/09
A graphical and mapping interface for analysis of hydrologic data. Includes the hydrograph-analysis programs BFI, HYSEP, PART, and RORA (with RECESS).
- GW_Chart (Windows) Version 18.104.22.168, 2015/04/13
GW_Chart: a program for creating specialized graphs used in groundwater studies.
- ModelMuse (Windows) Version 22.214.171.124, 2015/04/13
ModelMuse: A Graphical User Interface for MODFLOW-2005, MODFLOW-LGR, MODFLOW-LGR2, MODFLOW-NWT, MODFLOW-CFP, MODFLOW-OWHM, MT3DMS, SUTRA, PHAST, MODPATH, and ZONEBUDGET
- NSS (Win) Version 6.1, 2015/05/06
National Streamflow Statistics program
- PHREEQC (Mac/Linux/Win) Version 3.1.7-9213, 2015/01/27
A Computer Program for Speciation, Batch-Reaction, One-Dimensional Transport, and Inverse Geochemical Calculations.
- PhreeqcI (Win) Version 3.1.7-9213, 2015/01/27
Graphical user interface for PHREEQC
- PRMS (Win/Linux) Version 4.0.1, 2015/03/15
Precipitation-Runoff Modeling System (PRMS)
- RRAWFLOW (Win/Unix/Mac) Version 1.15, 2015/01/27
An R Package providing a lumped-parameter model that simulates streamflow, springflow, groundwater level, solute transport, or cave drip for a measurement point in response to a system input of precipitation, recharge, or solute injection
- UCODE_2014 (DOS/UNIX) Version 1.000, 2015/02/12
A computer code for universal inverse modeling.
Abbreviations for OSs
Computer systems for which software distribution packages have been compiled are shown in parentheses following the software name; abbreviations used are defined as follows:
- DOS - IBM-compatible PC, 386 or higher with math coprocessor
- DG - Data General AViiON DG/UX
- Linux - Red Hat 6.1 for i386
- Mac - Macintosh
- SGI - Silicon Graphics Indigo
- Sun - Sun SPARCstation Solaris
- Win - Microsoft Windows
- online - the application runs directly from its webpage.
New or Recently Updated Software
Software which has a recent release date will be annotated with one of three icons, in descending level of visual imperative.
– released in last 28 days
– released in last 56 days
– released in last 112 days
A separate web page is available listing recently updated software.