Water Resources of the United States
This software and related material (data and documentation) are made available by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to be used in the public interest and the advancement of science. You may, without any fee or cost, use, copy, modify, or distribute this software, and any derivative works thereof, and its supporting documentation, subject to the USGS software User's Rights Notice.
You may obtain other electronic or print versions of USGS reports and documentation that are not included with the software distributions.
Recently Updated or New list
- Groundwater_Toolbox (WIN) Version 1.2.0, 2016/10/01
A graphical and mapping interface for analysis of hydrologic data. Includes the hydrograph-analysis programs BFI, HYSEP, PART, and RORA (with RECESS).
- GSFLOW (Linux/Win) Version 1.2.1, 2016/10/01
Coupled Groundwater and Surface-water FLOW model based on the USGS Precipitation-Runoff Modeling System (PRMS) and Modular Groundwater Flow Model (MODFLOW-2005)
- ModelMuse (Windows) Version 220.127.116.11, 2016/8/26
ModelMuse: A Graphical User Interface for MODFLOW-2005, MODFLOW-LGR, MODFLOW-LGR2, MODFLOW-NWT, MODFLOW-CFP, MODFLOW-OWHM, MT3DMS, SUTRA, PHAST, MODPATH, and ZONEBUDGET
- MODFLOW-NWT (WIN) Version 1.1.2, 2016/09/15
A Newton-Raphson formulation for MODFLOW-2005 to improve solution of unconfined groundwater-flow problems
- PART (Win) Version 2.0, 2016/08/22
A computerized method of base-flow-record estimation
- RECESS (Win) Version 2.0, 2016/08/22
A computer program for analysis of streamflow recession
- RORA (Win) Version 2.0, 2016/08/22
The recession-curve-displacement method for estimating recharge
Abbreviations for OSs
Computer systems for which software distribution packages have been compiled are shown in parentheses following the software name; abbreviations used are defined as follows:
- DOS - IBM-compatible PC, 386 or higher with math coprocessor
- DG - Data General AViiON DG/UX
- Linux - Red Hat 6.1 for i386
- Mac - Macintosh
- SGI - Silicon Graphics Indigo
- Sun - Sun SPARCstation Solaris
- Win - Microsoft Windows
- online - the application runs directly from its webpage.
New or Recently Updated Software
Software which has a recent release date will be annotated with one of three icons, in descending level of visual imperative.
– released in last 28 days
– released in last 56 days
– released in last 112 days
A separate web page is available listing recently updated software.