Water Resources of the United States
This software and related material (data and documentation) are made available by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to be used in the public interest and the advancement of science. You may, without any fee or cost, use, copy, modify, or distribute this software, and any derivative works thereof, and its supporting documentation, subject to the USGS software User's Rights Notice.
You may obtain other electronic or print versions of USGS reports and documentation that are not included with the software distributions.
Recently Updated or New list
- FRGT-MST (WIN) Version 1.0, 2016/01/06
Excel-based tool to assist project managers in selecting appropritate geophysical tool
- GRIDGEN (WIN) Version 1.00.01, 2015/10/30
Program for generating layered quadtree grids for MODFLOW-USG
- GW_Chart (Windows) Version 184.108.40.206, 2015/10/29
GW_Chart: a program for creating specialized graphs used in groundwater studies.
- ModelMuse (Windows) Version 220.127.116.11, 2015/10/30
ModelMuse: A Graphical User Interface for MODFLOW-2005, MODFLOW-LGR, MODFLOW-LGR2, MODFLOW-NWT, MODFLOW-CFP, MODFLOW-OWHM, MT3DMS, SUTRA, PHAST, MODPATH, and ZONEBUDGET
- MODFLOW-USG (WIN) Version 1.3.0, 2015/12/01
Unstructured grid version of MODFLOW for simulating groundwater flow and tightly coupled processes
- OPR-PPR (Win/DOS) Version 1.01, 2016/01/31
A Computer Program for Assessing Data Importance to Model Predictions Using Linear Statistics
- UCODE_2014 (DOS/UNIX) Version 1.003, 2016/01/31
A computer code for universal inverse modeling.
Abbreviations for OSs
Computer systems for which software distribution packages have been compiled are shown in parentheses following the software name; abbreviations used are defined as follows:
- DOS - IBM-compatible PC, 386 or higher with math coprocessor
- DG - Data General AViiON DG/UX
- Linux - Red Hat 6.1 for i386
- Mac - Macintosh
- SGI - Silicon Graphics Indigo
- Sun - Sun SPARCstation Solaris
- Win - Microsoft Windows
- online - the application runs directly from its webpage.
New or Recently Updated Software
Software which has a recent release date will be annotated with one of three icons, in descending level of visual imperative.
– released in last 28 days
– released in last 56 days
– released in last 112 days
A separate web page is available listing recently updated software.