Water Resources of the United States
This software and related material (data and documentation) are made available by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to be used in the public interest and the advancement of science. You may, without any fee or cost, use, copy, modify, or distribute this software, and any derivative works thereof, and its supporting documentation, subject to the USGS software User's Rights Notice.
You may obtain other electronic or print versions of USGS reports and documentation that are not included with the software distributions.
- Alkalinity Calculator (online) Version 2.20
The Alkalinity Calculator will analyze the titration curve and calculate the alkalinity or acid neutralizing capacity (ANC) of a sample
- BIOMOC (DOS/DG/SGI/Sun) Version 1.0, 1999/03/10
A multispecies solute-transport model with biodegradation
- BLTM (DG) Version 1.2, 1996/11/04
Branched Lagrangian Transport Model
- Chemical Mixtures Software (Linux/Win) Version 1.0, 2013/07/01
The chemical mixtures software is a collection of computer programs for investigating the composition, occurrence, distribution, and potential toxicity of chemical mixtures
- DOTABLES (online) Version 3.5, 2013/01/14
Dissolved oxygen solubility tables
- GAMACTT (online) Version 1.0, 2014/08/28
'Groundwater Age Mixtures and Contaminant Trends Tool' is an interactive educational webtool illustrating effects of groundwater age distributions on nonpoint-source contamination responses of wells and groundwater discharges.
- GW_Chart (Windows) Version 126.96.36.199, 2015/10/29
GW_Chart: a program for creating specialized graphs used in groundwater studies.
- HST3D (Unix/Linux/Win) Version 2.2.16, 2010/10/21
Three-dimensional flow, heat, and solute transport model
- KTRLine (Win) Version 1.0, 2010/01/11
Kendall-Theil Robust Line
- LIMS for Light Stable Isotopes (Win) Version 8.15.64, 2007/06/16
A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) based on Microsoft Access for managing samples, analyses, and other data in a stable isotope (and tritium , carbon-14, and chlorofluorocarbon) laboratory
- ModelMuse (Windows) Version 188.8.131.52, 2016/8/12
ModelMuse: A Graphical User Interface for MODFLOW-2005, MODFLOW-LGR, MODFLOW-LGR2, MODFLOW-NWT, MODFLOW-CFP, MODFLOW-OWHM, MT3DMS, SUTRA, PHAST, MODPATH, and ZONEBUDGET
- NETPATH (Mac/Unix/Linux/Win) Version 1.4.0-7869, purportedly 2013/06/31
An interactive code for modeling NET geochemical reactions along a flow PATH
- OTEQ (Linux/Unix)
Homepage for OTEQ software distributed by the U.S. Geological Survey
- OTIS (Linux/Sun/Unix/Win), 1998/04/20
One-dimensional transport with inflow and storage (OTIS): A solute transport model for streams and rivers
- PHAST (Linux/Win) Version 2.4.6-8538, 2014/03/24
A program for simlulating ground-water flow, solute transport, and multicomponent geochemical reactions
- PHREEQC (Mac/Linux/Win) Version 3.2.0-9820, 2015/06/10
A Computer Program for Speciation, Batch-Reaction, One-Dimensional Transport, and Inverse Geochemical Calculations.
- PhreeqcI (Win) Version 3.2.0-9820, 2015/06/10
Graphical user interface for PHREEQC
- PhreeqcRM (Win) Version 3.2.0, 2015/06/20
PhreeqcRM is a module for use as a reaction engine for operator-splitting reactive-transport models.
- PHRQCGRF (Win) Version 2.2, 2000/03/23
A Computer Program for Graphical Interpretation of PHREEQC Geochemical Transport Simulations
- R-UNSAT, 2006/04/24
Reactive, multispecies transport in a heterogeneous, variably-saturated porous media
- Redox Processes Workbook (Win) Version 1.0, purportedly 2009/01
An ExcelŽ Workbook for Identifying Redox Processes in Ground Water
- Scenario Tools: Scenario Manager and Scenario Analyzer (DOS/Win) Version 1.0.0, 2014/04/15
Scenario Tools: Scenario Manager and Scenario Analyzer, Graphical user interfaces for managing and analyzing MODFLOW groundwater model scenarios.
- SELDM (Win) Version 184.108.40.206, 2013/03/27
Stochastic empirical loading and dilution model
Documentation for the mineral mass balance spreadsheet referenced in Bowser and Jones (2002) American Journal of Science v. 302 p. 582-662.
- SUTRA and related programs
2D, 3D, variable-density, variably-saturated flow, solute or energy transport
- SWPROD (DG) Version 1.2, 1996/03/18
Determination of Primary Productivity and Community Metabolism in Streams and Lakes using Diel Oxygen Measurements
- TracerLPM (Win) Version 1, 2012/07/19
A computer program for interpreting groundwater age distributions from environmental tracer data by using lumped parameter models
- WATEQ4F (DOS) Version 3.00, 2011/03/10
A program for calculating speciation of major, trace, and redox elements in natural waters
Legacy and Superseded software, and software that is not actively supported by the USGS
- BALNINPT (DOS/DG/Sun) Version 1.9, 1994/11/14
An interactive program for mass-balance calculations (superseded by NETPATH and PHREEQC)
- PHREEQE (DG/Sun/Unix/Win) Version 2.4, 1994/06/27
A Computer Program for Geochemical Calculation (superseded by PHREEQC)
A Computer Program Incorporating Pitzer's Equations for Calculation of Geochemical Reactions in Brines (superseded by PHREEQC)
Abbreviations for OSs
Computer systems for which software distribution packages have been compiled are shown in parentheses following the software name; abbreviations used are defined as follows:
- DOS - IBM-compatible PC, 386 or higher with math coprocessor
- DG - Data General AViiON DG/UX
- Linux - Red Hat 6.1 for i386
- Mac - Macintosh
- SGI - Silicon Graphics Indigo
- Sun - Sun SPARCstation Solaris
- Win - Microsoft Windows
- online - the application runs directly from its webpage.
New or Recently Updated Software
Software which has a recent release date will be annotated with one of three icons, in descending level of visual imperative.
– released in last 28 days
– released in last 56 days
– released in last 112 days
A separate web page is available listing recently updated software.