U.S. Geological Survey
Rapid City, SD 57702
Aquifers In Which Larry Has Conducted Research
Larry's Karst Publications
- Long, A.J., and Putnam, L.D. (2009) Age-distribution estimation for karst groundwater--Issues of parameterizations and complexity in inverse modeling by convolution: Journal of Hydrology, vol. 376, iss. 3-4, p. 579-588.
- Long, A.J., Sawyer, J.F., and Putnam, L.D. (2008) Environmental tracers as indicators of karst conduits in groundwater in South Dakota, USA: Hydrogeology Journal, vol. 16, iss. 2, p. 263-280.
- Long, A.J., and Putnam, L.D. (2006) Translating CFC-based piston ages into probability density functions of ground-water age in karst: Journal of Hydrology, v. 330, p. 735-747.
- Long, A.J., and Putnam, L.D. (2002) Flow-system analysis of the Madison and Minnelusa aquifers in the Rapid City area, South Dakota--conceptual model: USGS Water-Resources Investigations Report 2002-4185, 100 p.
- Long, A.J., and Putnam, L.D. (2004) Linear model describing three components of flow in karst aquifers using 18O data: Journal of Hydrology, v. 296, p. 254-270.
- Putnam, L.D., and Long, A.J. (2007) Analysis of Ground-Water Flow in the Madison Aquifer using Fluorescent Dyes Injected in Spring Creek and Rapid Creek near Rapid City, South Dakota, 2003-04: USGS Scientific Investigations Report 2007-5137, 29 p.