Voyageurs National Park
Partnership Projects in Voyageurs National Park
- 1999 - Assess Water Quality of Lakes and Streams
- 2001 - Mercury Cycling in Small Lakes
- 2001 - Assessment of Effects of Changes in Reservoir Operations on Trophic-State Indicators
- 2008 - Nutrient Cycling and Relation to Changes in Water Levels for Kabetogama Lake
- 2011 - Calculation of Streamflow and Nutrient Loading between Namakan Lake and Kabetogama Lake Using Index-Velocity Methods
- 2012 - Assess Changes in Trophic State in Voyageurs National Park Lakes after Implementation of a Revised Water Level Management Plan
- 2013 - Examining Trends in Mercury in Small Lakes in Voyageurs National Park
- 2014 - Assessing drivers of fish mercury body burdens to inform a decision regarding water level management for Voyageurs
National Park lakes
J.G., B.C. Knight, M.B. Sandheinrich, J.D. Jeremiason, M.E. Brigham,
D.R. Engstrom, L.G. Woodruff, W.F. Cannon, and S.J. Balogh. 2006
. Mercury in soils, lakes, and fish in Voyageurs National Park (Minnesota): Importance of atmospheric deposition and ecosystem factors. Environmental Science and Technology, 40(20), 6261-6268, doi: 10.1021/es060822h.
Christensen, V.G., G.A.
Payne, and L.W. Kallemeyn. 2004. Effects of changes in reservoir
operations on water quality and tropic-state indicators in Voyageurs
National Park, northern Minnesota, 2001-03. U.S. Geological Survey
Scientific Investigation Report 2004-5044. 42 p.
M.E. Brigham, L. Steuwe, and M.A. Menheer. 2003. Mercury data from
small lakes in Voyageurs National Park, northern Minnesota, 2000-02.
U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 03-480. 18 p.
Payne, G.A. 2000. (download PDF reader)
Water quality of lakes in Voyageurs National Park, northern Minnesota,
1999. U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 00-4281.