National Park Service / US Geological Survey - Water Quality Partnership
Saint Croix National Scenic River
Partnership Projects in Saint Croix National Scenic River
- 1999 - Determine the Relationship Between Land Uses and Nutrient and Sediment Loadings
- 2006 - Predict Groundwater Susceptibility to Contaminants
- 2007 - Determine nutrient conditions, cycling and biological effects
in two riverine parks, SACN and MISS (multi-park project)
- 2008 - Monitor Progress Toward Nutrient Reduction Goals at Norway Point near Grantsburg
- 2010 - Characterize Sediment and Nutrient Loading from Urban Stormwater
- 2011 - Occurrence and Effects of Endocrine Active Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals in the St. Croix NSR
- 2012 - Productivity and Fish Habitat responses to Changes in Nutrient Loading and Climate in Lake St. Croix
Juckem. P.J. 2007.
Hydrogeological characteristics of the St. Croix River
Basin, Minnesota and Wisconsin: Implications for the susceptibility of ground
water to potential contamination. U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations
Report 2007-5112. 25p.
B.N., D.M. Robertson, J.D. Fallon, and R. Ferrin. 2001. (download PDF reader) Nutrient and
suspended-sediment concentrations and loads and benthic-invertebrate data
for tributaries to the St. Croix River, Wisconsin and Minnesota, 1997-99.
U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 01-4162. 57 p.