Rocky Mountain National Park
Partnership Projects in Rocky Mountain National Park
- 1999 - Effect of Changing Atmospheric Deposition on the Chemistry of Lakes
in National Parks in the Intermountain Region (multi-park project)
- 2002 - Occurrence of Persistent Organic Pollutants and Current-Use
Pesticides in Seasonal Snowpacks, Lake Water and Lake Sediment (multi-park
- 2006 - Historical trends of Mercury and Trace Metal Deposition to High-Elevation Lakes
- 2007 - Assessment of Nitrogen Saturationand Episodic Acidification Status
- 2008 - Effects of Nitrogen Limitation and Biological Characteristics of High-Elevation Lakes
- 2011 - Effects of Mountain Pine Beetle Induced Tree Mortality on Water Quality
- 2012 - Occurrence, Sources, and Potential for Biodegradation of Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals in Rocky Mountain National Park
Arnett, H.A., Saros, J.E., and Mast, M.A. (2012)
A caveat regarding diatom-inferred nitrogen concentrations in oligotrophic lakes:
Journal of Paloelimnology, v. 47, no. 2, p. 277-291.
Clow, D.W., Rhoades, C., Briggs, J., Caldwell, M., Lewis, W.M.J. (2011)
Responses of soil and water chemistry to mountain pine beetle induced tree mortality in
Grand County, Colorado.
Appl Geochem. doi:10.1016/j.apgeochem.2011.03.096.
Clow, D.W., Sickman, J.O., Striegl, R.G., Krabbenhoft, D.P., Elliott, J.G., Dornblaser, M., Roth, D.A. and Campbell, D.H., 2003,
Changes in the chemistry of lakes and precipitation in high-elevation national parks in the western United States, 1985-1999.
Water Resources Research, 39(6), 1171, doi: 10.1019/2002WR001533.
Clow, D.W., Striegl, R.G., Nanus, L., Mast, M.A., Campbell, D.H. and Krabbenhoft, D.P., 2002,
Current status of high-elevation lake chemistry in seven national parks in the western United States.
Water, Air, and Soil Pollution: Focus 2(2) 139-164. U.S. Geological Survey.
Mast, M.A., Foreman, W.T. and Skaates, S.V. 2006,
Organochlorine compounds and current-use pesticides in snow and lake sediment in
Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado and Glacier National Park in Montana, 2002-2003.
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5119.
Mast, M.A., Foreman, W.T., and Skaates, S.V., 2007,
Current-use pesticides and organochlorine compounds in precipitation and lake sediment from two
high-elevation National Parks in the Western United States:
Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology v. 52, p. 294–305.
Mast, M.A., Manthorne, D.J. and Roth, D.A., 2010,
Historical deposition of mercury and selected trace elements to
high-elevation National Parks in the Western U.S. inferred from lake-sediment cores:
Atmospheric Environment, v. 33, p. 2577-2586.
Rhoades, C.C., McCutchan, J.H., Cooper, L.A., Clow, D.W., Detmer, T.M., Briggs, J.S. Stednick,
J.D. Veblen, T.T., Ertz, R.M., Likens, G.E., Lewis, W.M., 2012,
Biogeochemistry of beetle-killed forests: Explaining a weak nitrate response.
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA, 110(5), 1756-1760, doi: 10.1073/pnas.1221029110.