Olympic National Park
Partnership Projects in Olympic National Park
- 2002 - Persistent Organic Pollution and Heavy Metals in Glacial
Fed Lakes and Aquatic Biota (multi-park project)
- 2004 - Transport of Suspended Sediment and Effect on Aquatic Habitat in Elwha River
- 2006 - Construct a Nutrient Budget for Lake Crescent to Assess the Impact of Human Nutrient Enrichment
- 2006 - Monitoring Suspended Sediment in the Elwha River
- 2006 - Microbial Source Identification and Characterization in Lake Crescent
- 2008 - Nearshore Effects of Residential Wastewater-Influenced Groundwater on Lake Crescent
- 2008 - Developing Critical Loads for Atmospheric Deposition of Inorganic
Nitrogen in Network Lakes (multi-park project)
- 2015 - Understanding the Direct and Indirect Effects of Dam Removal
on Water Quality and Primary and Secondary Productivity in the Elwha River
Curran, C.A., Konrad, C.P. Higgins, J.L. Bryan, M.K., 2009,
Estimates of sediment load prior to dam removal in the
Elwha River, Clallam County, Washington:
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2009-5221, 19 p.
Konrad, C.P., 2009,
Simulating the recovery of suspended sediment transport and river-bed stability in response to dam removal on the
Elwha River, Washington.
Ecological Engineering, 35(7), July 2009, 1104-1115.
Moran, P.H., Cox, S.E., Embrey, S.S., Huffman, R.L., Olsen, T.D., Fradkin, S.C., 2012,
Sources and sinks of nitrogen and phosphorus to a deep, oligotrophic lake,
Lake Crescent, Olympic National Park, Washington:
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012-5107. 64 p.
Moran, P.W., Neelakanteswar, A., Black, R.W. and Vijayan, M.M., 2007,
Tissue contaminants and associated transcriptional response in trout liver from
high elevation lakes of Washington.
Environmental Science and Technology, 41(18) 6591-6597, doi: 10.1021/es070550y.
Munn, M.D., R.W. Black, A.L. Haggland, M.A. Hummling, and R.L. Huffman, 1999,
An assessment of stream habitat and nutrients in the
Elwha River basin: Implications for restoration.
U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations Report 98-4223. 38 p.
Sheibley, R.W., Enache, M., Swarzenski, P.W., Moran, P.W. and Foreman, J.R., 2014,
Nitrogen deposition effects on diatom communities in lakes from three national parks in
Water, Air, & Soil Pollution, Feb. 2014, 225:1857.
Sheibley, R.W., Foreman, J.R., Moran, P.W., Swarzenski, P.W., 2012,
Atmospheric deposition, water-quality, and sediment data for selected lakes in
Mount Rainer, North Cascades, and Olympic National Parks, Washington, 2008-10:
U.S. Geological Survey Data Series: 2012-721, 46 p.