Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Partnership Projects in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- 2001 - Evaluation of Water-Quality Impacts From Visitation & Recreational Use Within Side Canyons
- 2001 - Assessment of Sediment Chemistry in the Colorado River Delta
- 2004 - Evaluate Hydrocarbon Contamination in Lake Powell
- 2010 - Determination of Presence of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons and
Trace Elements in Sediments & Potentail for Bioaccumulation in Biota
- 2010 - Improve Visitor Experience Through Water Quality and Sediment Studies
of River Deltas
- 2014 - Biogeochemical and physical processes controlling mercury methylation and bioaccumulation in Lake Powell, Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Brown, J.B, 2008, Review of available water-quality data for the
Southern Colorado Plateau Network and Characterization of Water Quality in Five Selected Park Units in Arizona,
Colorado, New Mexico, and Utah, 1925-2004: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2008-5130, 119 p.
Hart, R.J., Taylor, H.E., and Anderson, G.M., 2012,
Establishment of sentinel sampling sites to monitor changes in water and sediment quality and biota related
to visitor use at Lake Powell, Arizona and Utah, 2004–2006: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2012–1237,
Hart, R.J., Taylor, H.E., Antweiler, R.C., Fisk, G.G., Anderson, G.M.,
Roth, D.E., Flynn, M.E., Peart, D.B., M. Truini, and L.B. Barber, 2005,
Physical and chemical characteristics of Knowles, Forgotten, and Moqui Canyons,
and effects of recreational use on water quality, Lake Powell, Arizona and Utah.
U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2004-5120. 43p
Hart, R.J., Taylor, H.E., Antweiler, R.C., Graham, D.D., Fisk, G.G.,
Riggins, S.G., and Flynn, M.E., 2005, Sediment chemistry of the Colorado River Delta of Lake Powell, Utah, 2001.
U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2005-1178. 33 p.
Schonauer, K.T., Hart, R.J., and Antweiler, R.C., 2014,
The presence and distribution of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and inorganic elements in water and
lakebed materials and the potential for bioconcentration in biota at established sampling sites on Lake Powell,
Utah and Arizona: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 2013–1299, 28 p