National Water-Quality Assessment (NAWQA) Program
Trace Elements National Synthesis Project
USGS REFERENCES: RADIONUCLIDES
To view or print document links found on this page you may need to download the following programs:
- Ayotte, J.D., Szabo, Zoltan, Focazio, M.J., and Eberts, S.M., 2011, Effects of human-induced alteration of groundwater flow on concentrations of naturally-occurring trace elements at water-supply wells: Applied Geochemistry, v. 26, no. 5, p. 747-762.
- dePaul, V.T., and Szabo, Zoltan, 2007, Occurrence of radium-224,
radium-226, and radium-228 in water from the Vincentown and Wenonah-Mount Laurel aquifers, the Englishtown aquifer
system, and the Hornerstown and Red Bank sands, southwestern and south-central New Jersey: U.S. Geological
Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2007-5064, 62 p.
- Focazio, M.J., Szabo, Zoltan, Kraemer, T.F., Mullin, A.H., Barringer, T.H., and dePaul, V.T, 2001,
Occurrence of selected radionuclides in ground water used for drinking
water in the United States: A reconnaissance survey, 1998: U. S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations
Report 00-4273, 39 p.
- Fujii, R.F. and Swain, W.C., 1995, Areal distribution of trace elements, salinity, and major ions in shallow ground
water, Tulare basin, southern San Joaquin Valley, California: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Resources Investigations
Report 95-4048, 67 p.
- Jurgens, B.C., Burow, K.R., Dalgish, B.A. and Shelton, J.L., 2008,
Hydrogeology, water chemistry, and factors affecting the transport of contaminants in the zone of contribution of
a public-supply well in Modesto, eastern San Joaquin Valley, California: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific
Investigations Report 2008-5156, 78 p.
- Jurgens, B.C., Fram, M.S., Belitz, Kenneth, Burow, K.R. and Landon, M.K., 2010,
Effects of groundwater
development on uranium: Central Valley, California, USA: Ground Water, v. 48, no. 6, p 913-928.
- Landon, M.K., Clark, B.R., McMahon, P.B., McGuire, V.L. and Turco, M.J., 2008,
Hydrogeology, chemical characteristics, and transport
processes in the zone of contribution of a public-supply well in York, Nebraska: U.S. Geological Survey
Scientific Investigations Report 2008-5050, 149 p.
- Leydecker, Al, Sickman,J.O., and Melack, J.M.,1999,
Episodic lake acidification in the
Sierra Nevada, California: Water Resources Research, v. 35, no. 9, p. 2793-2804.
- Oden, J.H., Oden, T.O., and Szabo, Zoltan, 2010, Groundwater
quality of the Gulf Coast aquifer system, Houston, Texas, 2007–08: U.S. Geological Survey Data Series 548, 65 p.
Revised July 2011.
- Ridgley, J.L., Green, M.W., Pierson, C.T., Finch, W.L., and Lupe, R.D., 1978,
Summary of the geology and resources of uranium in the San
Juan Basin and adjacent region, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report
78-964, 107 p.
- Szabo, Z. , dePaul, V.T., Fischer, J.M., Kraemer, T. F., and Jacobsen, Eric, 2012,
Occurrence and geochemistry of radium
in water from principal drinking-water aquifers of the United States: Applied Geochemistry v.27, no. 3, p.
- Szabo, Zoltan, dePaul, V.T., Kraemer, T.F., and Parsa, Bahman, 2005,
Occurrence of radium-224, radium-226, and radium-228 in
water of the unconfined Kirkwood-Cohansey aquifer system, southern New Jersey: U.S. Geological Survey
Scientific Investigations Report 2004-5224, 101 p.
- Szabo, Zoltan, Jacobsen, Eric, Kraemer, T.F., and Parsa, Bahman, 2010,
Environmental fate of Ra in
cation-exchange regeneration brine waste disposed to septic tanks, New Jersey Coastal Plain, U.S.A.: Migration to
the water table: Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, v. 101, no. 1, p. 33-44.
- Szabo, Zoltan, Jacobsen, Eric, Kraemer, T.F., and Parsa, Bahman, 2008,
Concentrations and environmental fate
of Ra in cation-exchange regeneration brine waste disposed to septic tanks and accumulation in sludge, New Jersey
Coastal Plain, U.S.A.: Journal of Environmental Radioactivity, v. 99, no. 6, p. 947-964.
- Szabo, Zoltan, Rice, D.E., MacLeod, C.L., and Barringer, T.H., 1997,
Relation of distribution of radium, nitrate, and pesticides
to agricultural land use and depth, Kirkwood-Cohansey aquifer system, New Jersey Coastal Plain, 1990-91: U.S.
Geological Survey Water Resources Investigations Report 96-4165A, 119 p.
- Szabo, Zoltan, and Zapecza, O.S., 1991, Geologic and geochemical
factors controlling uranium, radium-226, and radon-222 in ground water, Newark Basin, New Jersey, in
Gunderson, L.C.S., and Wanty, R.B., eds., Field studies of radon rocks, soils, and water: U.S. Geological
Survey Bulletin 1971, p. 243-265.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, 2000b, National Primary Drinking Water Regulations; Radionuclides; Notice
of Data Availability; Proposed Rule, 40 CFR Parts 141 and 142: EPA 815-2-00-003, 21576-21628.
- Zapecza, O.S., and Szabo, Zoltan, 1988, Natural radioactivity
in ground water-A review, in Moody, D.W., Carr, J., Chase, E.B. and Paulson, R.W., eds., National
Water Summary 1986-Hydrologic events and ground-water quality: U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper 2325, p.