The NAWQA Pesticide National Synthesis Project, which began in 1992, is a national-scale assessment of the occurrence and behavior of pesticides in streams and ground water of the United States and the potential for pesticides to adversely affect drinking-water supplies or aquatic ecosystems.
- Nowell, Lisa H., Norman, Julia E., Moran, Patrick W., Martin, Jeffrey D., Stone, Wesley W., 2014. Pesticide Toxicity Index—A tool for assessing potential toxicity of pesticide mixtures to freshwater aquatic organisms. Science of the Total Environment, v. 476-477, p. 144-157. Supplemental Download (PDF/Excel) Report: Available Online
- Stone, Wesley W.; Crawford, Charles G.; Gilliom, Robert J., 2013, Watershed Regressions for Pesticides (WARP) models for predicting stream concentrations of multiple pesticides: Journal of Environmental Quality, 42: 1838 - 1851 Available Online
- Nowell, L.H., Moran, P.W., Gilliom, R.J., Calhoun, D.L., Ingersoll, C.G., Kemble, N.E., Kuivila, K.M., Phillips, P.J., 2013, Contaminants in stream sediments from seven U.S. metropolitan areas: I. Distribution in relation to urbanization: Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, v. 64, no.1, p. 32-51. Available Online
- Kemble, N.E., Hardesty, D.K., Ingersoll, C.G., Kunz, J.L., Sibley, P.K., Calhoun, D.L., Gilliom, R.J., Kuivila, K.M., Nowell, L.H., Moran, P.W., 2013, Contaminants in stream sediments from seven U.S. metropolitan areas: II. Sediment toxicity to the amphipod Hyalella azteca and the midge Chironomus dilutus: Archives of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, v. 64, no. 1, p. 52-64. Available Online
- Nakagaki, Naomi, Hitt, K.J., Price, C.V., and Falcone, J.A., 2012, Methods to characterize environmental settings of stream and groundwater sampling sites for National Water-Quality Assessment: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2012?5194, 56 p. Available Online