Publications of National or Regional Interest
- Salinity in streams and ground water in the southwestern U.S.
USGS Scientific Investigations Report 2006-5315
- Ground-Water Recharge in Humid Areas of the United States--A Summary of Ground-Water Resources Program Studies, 2003-2006
USGS Fact Sheet 2007-3007
USGS Streamgaging Program Prepares for Future Hurricanes To Ensure the Availability of Flood Data Before, During, and After the Storm
USGS Information Sheet
- Estimated Withdrawals from Principal Aquifers in the United States, 2000
USGS Circular 1279
- Estimated Use of Water in the United States in 2000
USGS Circular 1268
- Microbial Quality of the Nation’s Ground-Water Resources, 1993–2004 -
Scientific Investigations Report 2006–5290
- The Quality of Our Nation's Waters: Pesticides in the Nation's Streams and Ground Water, 1992-2001
USGS Circular 1186
- The Quality of Our Nation's Waters -- Volatile Organic Compounds in the Nation's Ground Water and Drinking-Water Supply Wells
USGS Circular 1292
- Water Quality in the Nation's Streams and Aquifers--Overview of Selected Findings, 1991-2001
USGS Circular 1265
- The Quality of Our Nation's Waters -- Nutrients and Pesticides
USGS Circular 1225
- NAWQA's Study Units and Summary Reports
- Sustainability of Ground-Water Resources
USGS Circular 1186
Numerical Reliability of Several Statistical Analysis
Programs, by J.M.Landwehr and G.D.Tasker.
USGS OFR 99-9
- New Digital
Water Resources Investigations Report -- Lithogeochemical Character
of Near-Surface Bedrock in the Connecticut, Housatonic, and Thames River
USGS WRI 99-4000
- A New Evaluation of the USGS Streamgaging Network -- A Report to Congress
- Contaminants in the Mississippi River Edited by Robert H. Meade.
USGS Circular 1133
- Stream-Gaging Program of the U.S. Geological Survey By Kenneth L. Wahl, Wilbert O. Thomas, Jr., and
Robert M. Hirsch.
USGS Circular 1123
- National Water Summary on Wetland Resources
USGS WSP 2425
A broad overview of wetland resources that includes discussions of the scientific basis for understanding wetland functions and values; legislation that regulates the uses of wetlands; wetland research, inventory, and evaluation; and issues related to the restoration, creation, and recovery of wetlands.
- Stream Water Quality in the Conterminous United States --
Status and Trends of Selected Indicators During the 1980's By Richard A. Smith, Richard B. Alexander, and Kenneth J.
Lanfear National Water Summary 1990-91 -- Stream Water Quality
USGS WSP 2400
- Ground Water Atlas of the United States.
The U.S. Geological Survey series of print publications "The Ground Water Atlas of the United States" describes the location, the extent, and the geologic and hydrologic characteristics of the important aquifers of the Nation.
- The Strategy for
Improving Water-Quality Monitoring in the United States Final Report of the Intergovernmental Task Force on Monitoring Water
(Open-File Report 95-742)
Estimates of Nitrogen and Phosphorus Fertilizer Use in the United
States, 1945 to 1985 By Richard B. Alexander and Richard
(Open-File Report 90-130)
- Trends in
Precipitation Chemistry in the United States, 1983-94: An Analysis of
the Effects in 1995 of Phase I of the Clean Air Act Amendments of
1990, Title IV By James A. Lynch, Pennsylvania State
University, Van C. Bowersox, Illinois State Water Survey, Jeffrey
W. Grimm, Pennsylvania State University.
USGS OFR 96-0346
- A U.S. Geological Survey Streamflow Data Set for the
United States for the Study of Climate Variations, 1874-1988 by J. R. Slack and Jurate Maciunas Landwehr.
USGS OFR 92-129
Includes the on-line HCDN data (USGS WRIR 93-4076) containing information on streamflow, watershed characteristics, and station descriptions.
- Occurrence of the Gasoline Oxygenate MTBE and BTEX Compounds in
Urban Stormwater in the United States, 1991-95
USGS WRIR 96-4145
- Spatial Data in Geographic Information System Format on
Agricultural Chemical Use, Land Use, and Cropping Practices in the
by William A. Battaglin and Donald A. Goolsby.
- Interagency Report: National Handbook of Recommended Methods for Water Data Acquisition -- Chapter 11 - Water Use, compiled by the Subcommittee on Water Use Information, Interagency Advisory Committee on Water Data
- Mine Drainage Interest Group Promotes communication, cooperation, and collaboration among USGS scientists working on problems related to mining and the environment.